Thursday 29 December 2011

Time for a 1/12 virgin to pop his cherry.

OK it's time for the talking to stop and the driving to commence.
I have managed to get my Corally SP12X ready for battle.

Over the last month or so I have been gathering together a range of budget conscious components.
These include a Team Powers 13.5t motor and a Hobbywing Xerun speedo from the spares box, a Savox SH-1250MG digital servo from flea bay and a Turnigy lipo from Hobby King.




There is so much to learn for a 1/12 noob.

I intend to run in non timing mode so have settled on the 508 HW software. When installed this software is recognisable for race organisers by a flashing red light on the speedo, hence the term 'blinky' to describe the class.

It has been frustrating trying to settle on gearing/rollout for this set up so I have been harassing more experienced 1/12 racers for their advice. They have been helpful and I think that, after spending about 20 quid on spurs and pinions, I am now in the right ballpark.  


Today has been spent truing tyres, setting ride heights and establishing some kind of set up that will at least allow me to go in a straight line.
Believe me it's not as simple as it sounds! 

Anyway for better or for worse here it is in all its naked glory.


Now the learning really starts.
I will be packing my hauler and heading to Broadbridge Heath in Surrey on Friday to
Horsham RC Club to lose my 1/12 virginity.

I hope they realise it is my first time and that they are gentle with me.
I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment